As if the iPhone wasn’t already dominated by Pokémon Go, the company has another title on the way soon.
In a tweet, the company has announced that Pokémon UNITE is coming to mobile. The title will be available on both iOS and Android starting on September 22.
Pokémon UNITE is the company’s first 5-on-5 strategic team battle game. Players will be thrust into battle as Pokémon trainers on Aeos Island.
Join Trainers from around the world as they head for Aeos Island to compete in Unite Battles! In Unite Battles, Trainers face off in 5-on-5 team battles to see who can score the most points within the allotted time. Teamwork is key as you and your teammates defeat wild Pokémon, level up, evolve your own Pokémon, and work to prevent the opposing team from scoring points. Put your teamwork to the test, and take home the win!
Here are the full features of the game:
- BATTLE IN STYLE: Take to the field while looking your best in Holowear! Thanks to a special technology developed using Aeos energy, Trainers can deck out their Pokémon in a variety of holographic outfits—with new styles arriving regularly!
- UNITE MOVES: Unleash the true power of your Pokémon with Unite Moves! Leverage these all-new Pokémon moves, which are only possible while in Unite Battles, and turn the tide of even the direst situations.
- RANK UP: Looking to prove how skilled you are? Participate in ranked matches, and earn points as you climb up the global leaderboard!
- COMMUNICATION IS KEY: Even the most skilled Trainers recognize how important communication is to their team’s success. Leverage signals, quick-chat messages, and—for the first time in a Pokémon title—voice chat to communicate and stay in sync with your team.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Challenge Trainers from around the world to Unite Battles on the Nintendo SwitchTM system or on a compatible mobile device thanks to cross-platform support. Trainers may use their Pokémon Trainer Club account or Nintendo Account on both Nintendo Switch and mobile to easily keep their progress synced between devices.
If you’d like to ensure you get Pokémon UNITE as soon as it is available, you can preorder it on the App Store now. If you’d like to find another game to pass the time while you are waiting, check out our list of the Best iPhone Games.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.