Apple is likely to announce new iPhones in as little as 4 weeks and Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman has again shared details about what we should expect from the big iPhone 13 refresh.
Writing in the weekly Power On newsletter, Gurman reiterated much of what we have been hearing in recent months, but it’s still worth running through what we could be hearing Apple announce in September.
Let’s dive in.
- The iPhone 13 lineup is expected to look similar to the outgoing iPhone 12 one. That means a 5.4-inch iPhone 13 mini alongside a 6.1-inch iPhone 13 making up the mid-range devices. Above those, a 6.1-inch iPhone 13 Pro and 6.7-inch iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max models are expected to feature a new 120Hz ProMotion display, enabling smoother scrolling and overall improved on-screen movements.
- The infamous notch is expected to shrink across the board.
- A new Portrait mode for video, dubbed Cinematic Mode, is expected to bring improved video recording. ProRes support is also in the cards, according to Gurman.
- All the new devices are expected to be powered by an Apple A15 chip that has the same number of cores as the A14.
All of this will make iPhone 13 the best iPhone ever, especially for photographers and videographers. Apple will likely announce the new devices next month, with a release coming a week or so after the big unveiling.
Apple has a big few weeks on its hands. It’s still dealing with the aftermath of its botched CSAM announcement and still has new AirPods, Apple Watch, and more hardware to announce before 2021 comes to a close.